Monday, March 9, 2015

Tough Week

This week has been pretty tough for us. We are having a really hard time trying to find people to teach. And our only investigator, Angelo is almost never at home so it`s hard to tell if he is even progressing.
 
During the beginning of the week we focused on trying to find more people to teach. And that consisted of a lot of contacting and a lot of tocando puertas (knocking doors). Don't get me wrong I really want to find more people, but walking all day back and forth across this city is not very fun. But we were able to get a couple of people to be willing to have us over in the future, so hopefully we`ll be able to visit them and that they will feel that our message is true.
 
Friday`s lunch was interesting cause we had some kind of fish haha. It has some weird name that i cant remember but it had a TON of bones in it haha. But it was delicious! My second fish lunch was a success! Friday was also awesome cause our mission momma came back from her trip to Santiago. She is the best person ever and she is trying to teach me more of "Chilean Spanish" haha. 
Sunday I was officially "baptized" into the Quirihue family. For this Elder Watson (new to Quirihue as well) had to eat a spoonful of Aji which is this suuuuper spicy salsa stuff. Hoooooooly crap I think I can still feel the burn in my mouth. I think I handled it better than elder Watson though cause he turn bright red and started sweating and crying hahaha. But he`s a gringo and I have that Mexican stomach so I'm not surprised. 
I'm going to try my best to talk to everyone this week. I need to practice my Spanish and we need to find people so every person I see I'm going to talk to. Wish me luck haha. I hope everyone is having a great time at home! Chau!

Elder Evelo











 

No comments:

Post a Comment